Things to Do
For the kids
Enjoy splashing around in our solar heated swimming pool including toddlers wading pool
Offering bouncing fun for young and old
Borrow some rackets & balls and have a game of tennis
Try a game of Volleyball on the beach front. Ball available at reception
Hire a Kart from reception – great fun!
Let the kids burn up some energy while you can enjoy the bay views.
The Visitor information Centre is located on the ground level at the Port Broughton Hotel.
Brilliant Fishing and Crabbing
- Catch some fish or even a crab or two from our local jetty or launch your boat at Port Broughton or Fishermans Bay. Crab nets are available from reception.
- Take a fishing charter & catch a BIG one.
- Stretch your legs with a self guided tour around Port Broughton “Walk Around Port Broughton”.
- Stroll along our beautiful jetty and watch the sun set or the pelicans glide past.
- Have a picnic on the foreshore while the children play under the shade at the playground.
And the beach!
- Have a go at sailing, boating or fishing. The Port Broughton Sailing Club offers a range of activities for all ages.
- Social bowls at the local lawn bowling club
- Try a friendly game of tennis or volleyball – free ball and racket hire available at reception
- Visit our local RSL Club for a game of snooker, cards or bingo
- Take a short ride around town or take the 5km trip to Fishermans Bay
- Port Broughton to Fishermans Bay walk
Day Trips & Half Day Trips
Visit the local Heritage Centre. This hands-on centre contains many historical papers, photos, articles and a beautiful “Plangon” doll collection.
Visit the famous Clare Valley wine region
Take a drive around the Copper Triangle, home to Moonta mines, the Walaroo Marina and shopping at Kadina.
Visit Clements Gap and wander around the Soldiers Memorial Church.
Visit one of the most complex smelting operations in the world at Port Pirie Smelters.
Food & Dining
- Crab, oysters, prawns and fresh fish from Barnes Seafood on the Bute Road
- Takeaway can also be purchased at the Beachfront Deli, The Central Deli or Tina & Strawbs all located on Bay Street.
- Looking for a meal, snack, coffee or cake – Mangrove Shack is the place to visit.
- If Alfresco is more your style then try Palate 2 Palette on Bay Street.
- Port Broughton has two hotels both located on Bay Street. The Port Broughton Hotel and The Sunnyside offer Schnitzel nights each Wednesday. Pizza is also available at the Port Broughton Hotel.